- June 21, 2015
- Posted by: Graham Onak
- Category: SEO Tips
These are the best free tools to use to rank better on search engines.
At GainTap, we use both paid and free software every day for our SEO consulting work. There are paid tools, such as Ahrefs, that I would never give up in a million years. But if you don’t have much of a budget for SEO software, you have to make do with what you can afford. Fortunately, we’ve already gathered all the best free keyword research tools out there. Check them out below.
In this video, I talk about how to use five different free keyword tools in your research to generate new content ideas, competitor research and new products ideas.
The Five Best Free Keyword Research Tools
A free keyword tool hiding in plain sight! Use Google’s auto-complete and related searches to get an idea of what some popular keyword alternatives are.
A great little keyword tool for expanding keyword phrases and identifying really long-tail keywords.
This is basically the same as Ubersuggest, but it also gives you keyword search volume and average cost-per-click prices. An excellent free keyword research tool.
Google’s own Pay-per-click (PPC) focused tool is often considered the best keyword research too,l and it has the added benefit of being free. It gives you tons of new keyword ideas, all with search volume and competition scores. We use keyword planner all the time in our Google Ads management work.
Google keyword planner helps you understand what your potential customers are searching for and helps you separate between intent to purchase and general interest.
However, note that if all your keyword research leads you to write are “how to” articles for a general subject, your chances of getting new customers are pretty low.
That’s why I focus on separating content marketing from service pages and product pages that have the intention of driving new leads — and ultimately — sales for your business.
An excellent free keyword tool for competitor research. You’ll be able to see top keywords driving traffic to competitor websites and a ton of other details.
Too busy to research keywords?
I’m a Chicago-based SEO professional and I offer keyword research services. Get in touch and we can chat about ways I can help grow your online business.
- We Use These 5 WordPress Plugins on Every Website Optimization - April 20, 2018
- Costly Google Ads Account Setup Mistakes to Avoid - April 9, 2018
- Google Custom Search Engine: Your Site Is Now Part of the Google Ad Network - February 24, 2018
- How to Identify Google Spam Calls - January 17, 2018
- WeWork Buys Meetup – Here’s How Meetup.com Will Change - November 28, 2017
- (Solved) AMP Pages Not Loading on WordPress with Thrive Leads - October 11, 2017
- Google Gets Greedy. Huge Same Day Google Ads Change Doubles Daily Budget - October 6, 2017
- How Marketing Can Help Your Sales Team Perform Better - August 29, 2017
- SEO Terms & FAQ – Answers to 28 SEO Questions - July 20, 2017
- Google Posts mean you need to update your Google Business Page more than ever - June 30, 2017