HTML Call Button Installation Instructions
What you’ll need to install the mobile call button
To install the HTML mobile call button on your website, you’ll need to have the ability to edit CSS and HTML files for your website. This includes the main CSS file (often called stylesheet.css or custom.css). This is often done through FTP access. If you’re on a content management platform, you can generally access your custom CSS file through the platform while logged in as an administrator. Please see documentation for your platform to find out how to edit stylesheets and files for your platform.
Step One: Add CSS to the website
We’re going to copy and paste the code from the call-button.css file into your website’s stylesheet.
- Open the file ending in .css
- Select everything in the file and copy it
- Open the main or custom stylesheet for your website
- Paste the CSS into your stylesheet at the bottom
- Save the stylesheet
Step Two: Add the Font Awesome stylesheet code
We’re going to add a line of code to your website’s <head> area in order to show a phone icon on the call button.
- Open the file ending in .html
- Copy everything from <!–BEGINNING OF CODE FOR STEP 2–> to <!– END OF CODE FOR STEP 2 –>
- Paste this into the HTML of your site just before </head> on every page you want the button to show on.
Step Three: Add the call button HTML to your website’s footer
This is the final step and places the mobile call button HTML into the footer of your website.
Important! You need to edit the HTML to add your phone number. This way your phone will ring when the button is clicked.
- Open the .html file
- Copy everything from <!– BEGINNING OF CODE FOR STEP 3 –> to <!– END OF CODE FOR STEP 3 –>
- Paste this code just before the </body> of your website.
- Replace 15555555555 with your phone number. You cannot use dashes, plus signs or parentheses. For example, 1-800-588-2300 becomes 18005882300.
Confused? Too technical?
Get in touch with us about having a developer customize and install the button on your website. Contact us at email@example.com.