What is Redesign Recovery?
Sometimes a website is redesigned and performs worse than it previously did. We work to bring that performance back.
What to expect
There are many factors that can negatively impact a new website. A few major ones include any changes to:
- Number of web pages
- Web page content
- Domain or URL structure
- Web hosting
Sometimes seemingly minor changes can have a major impact. If you add a large banner image to each page on your site, you may think it looks really nice. But if those images aren’t optimized for mobile, and the majority of visitors use their phones to visit your site, you may have much worse website performance due to long load times.
The website redesign recovery process
The best way to get a feel for what goes into a redesign recovery is to read our case study on how we helped a client recovery and improve their website performance.
Where is work performed?
Work is performed remotely with communication over email and phone.
How long does it take to get results from a redesign recovery?
This varies based on what was done to reduce the effectiveness of the website. It can take anywhere from one month to a year to reverse and improve performance issues.
When does work begin?
We do not take many redesign recovery projects on as they vary in complexity and resources required. We can easily quote out a timeframe for helping you recover from a bad website redesign.
- Correction of direct issues related to your redesign.
- Planning and communication of a strategy for how you can reach your website performance goals.
- Execution of work and / or contracting of specialists as needed to complete the required, agreed upon work.
What’s required of you
- Access to at least one individual in sales / marketing / leadership who has a deep understanding of the company’s customers, goals, successes and failures.
- Transparent access to data such as product / service revenue numbers, anonymous customer demographics and website metrics.
- For technical consultation, access to the backend of the website and / or the marketing platforms we are consulting on.
Redesign recovery efforts must be quoted out. The websites we work on that need this level of effort often start with a site analysis and require ongoing monthly work.
Accepted payment methods:
- Quickbooks secure invoicing via ACH payment through our online invoice.
- Checks but there will be a delay of work until the check is deposited into our business account.
- Chase Quickpay or Zelle.
- Credit cards through Quickbooks secure invoicing but there is a +3% fee added.