About Our WordPress Development Services
GainTap is a digital marketing company in Chicago that provides WordPress development solutions for small businesses.
WordPress is our preferred system for small businesses to build their websites on for the following reasons:
- It can be heavily customized while remaining easy to use for novice web managers.
- There are a wide range of plugins to implement new features at less cost than coding by hand.
- A web manager for WordPress can be hired in at a lower cost than a web manager for Drupal, Joomla or static HTML.
- The website design process can be simplified and costs can be reduced by using pre-made themes as a base for your website’s design.
- WordPress is regularly updated to patch security flaws and introduce best practices.
We migrate websites to WordPress all the time. It’s usually done because a website’s existing platform is too limiting or too complicated for the business to maintain. There are many moving parts involved with a WordPress migration, including file transfers, database backups and transfers, changing URLs, extra tweaks for SSL and many other things that can go wrong during the process.
Migrating from Wix, Weebly and All-in-one Platforms
Businesses quickly outgrow these restricted content management systems. These services tend to break basic website functions into tiered monthly payment plans, jacking up costs for no good reason. Sites typically suffer from poor traffic, malformed URLs and have many design flaws, especially on mobile devices.
Migrating from Drupal
Drupal is great if you’re a developer or want to pay a developer to update your site. But a lot of companies make the switch from Drupal to WordPress because it’s easier to maintain WordPress sites. Many web content managers know how to use WordPress, which drives down the hourly cost to employ them. It’s also an easier platform to learn which allows non-developers to take on content editing duties.
Migrating From Static HTML
Static HTML can be great, but at some point your going to hit a wall where it takes much longer to maintain your website than it’s worth. A WordPress website can reduce the amount of time and money your business spends on website maintenance.
WordPress Speed Optimization Services
We optimize WordPress websites to improve performance across all devices. This is done safely on a development site and migrated to the live environment with as little interruption as possible.
It’s not uncommon to see dramatic speed increases. We’ve dropped page load times from 10 seconds to 1.5 seconds with only a few hours of work.
Some Issues We Look For to Increase Performance:
- Hacked WordPress installations, themes and plugins
- Large media file sizes
- Outdated installations, themes and plugins
- Slow servers, outdated PHP
- Consolidation or removal of scripts
- Use of a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Broken SSL
- Change in Google Page Speed score
- Change in Pingdom web speed score
WordPress Plugin Development
WordPress has a lot of useful plugins. But at some point you’re going to need something a little more customized. That’s where we come in.
Our WordPress developers can build anything.
Anything is possible with WordPress. Here’s a short list of examples to give you an idea of plugin creation and modifications we’ve done:
- Forms integrated with Stripe for payment processing
- Forms that capture submissions into the back end of WordPress
- Customization of existing plugins to expand their functionality
- Creation of a three-step reservation form that allows secure credit card data entry to test “buyer intent”
- Addition of fields into pages that allow bulk content input via file uploads (XLS, CSV, etc)
WordPress Customization Services
Whether you’re building a site from scratch or redesigning your existing site, we’ll get you a website that looks great and exceeds your business objectives.
WordPress Theme Customization
We tweak your existing theme to match your branding and add needed functionality. We also can turn your website design into a WordPress theme.
Mobile Friendly (Responsive) Theme Conversion
We convert existing themes to mobile friendly layouts – something that’s no longer optional in today’s always-connected society. A responsive site keeps you in front of potential customers, whether they’re in the office, at home or on the go.
Need custom plugins? No problem, checkout our custom WordPress Plugin Development services.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Integrations
Connect your business intelligence software with your website. Transfer lead data seamlessly. Integrate with Salesforce and other popular CRMs.
Payment Processing Gateways
Build high-converting online payment processing platforms into your website. Integrate Authorize.net, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Stripe and more.
WordPress Websites: Basic
If you’re a new or small business, you may not have a ton of money to spend on your website. But that’s okay. Not every company needs a custom website with all the bells and whistles. There are plenty of solutions out there just fine for businesses with smaller budgets.
You’ll need a custom website if you plan on doing any of following:
- Integrating with software or other platforms, such as MLS listings for realtors
- Having users register, login and upload content to the site
- Taking payments securely on the site or any form of ecommerce
- Having more than a few pages of content on the site or many different looking pages
Interested in WordPress Services?
Get in touch with us to discuss WordPress development and customization services for your business.